Cancelled Game

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Julian 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Julian
    Keymaster

Hey Folks, while I did get multiplayer working, I realized that the game was just not fun.

Therefore I backed up the code and cancelled the project. However I will be leaving this website up and contributing to the coppercube community as described prior

• Author
    Replies
    Helpful
    Up
    Down
    Not Helpful

William
    Participant

well, that’s a shame – but I can relate. Alot of my projects will never be finished because I realized they were just another of the same 500,000 games already out there…. no matter what great idea I think I have come up with, it’s all been done before. OH WELL – I do have fun creating games even if no one will actually play them….

Helpful
    Up
    Down
    Not Helpful

Julian
    Keymaster

Yes, I have never finished a game either…

I start out strong but I just never feel that it is good.

Also, nobody really takes interest in my ideas.

I have always wanted to create a social game…

But never been able to make it fun.

I get bored playing my own games lol.

Helpful
    Up
    Down
    Not Helpful

William
    Participant

Actually, I have finished some. I have had several for sale on Itch…. and if I offer a free demo, I get quite of few downloads… but anyone buying? Well only a few – that’s depressing.
    And most of the downloads I’ve had want to post a video with a link to THEIR youtube. I kind of figured out they download new games as a way to promote themselves. Again depressing. You’re right, seems no one really takes an interest. BUT – I also figured out it’s not personal… nothing specific with my ideas or games… there is just way to much competition. And too many of them give theirs for free. Why pay for mine ( after all, a shoot’em is just another shoot’em). But still I work hard to make a game, I just can’t bring myself to give it away. ANYWAY – I didn’t mean to write a book here. And I can truly say, I enjoy playing my games. Sure they can get a little boring and I know all the secret rooms… but I shoot! and I laugh. And I enjoyed making it in the first place. So, I just can’t seem to quite.

Helpful
    Up
    Down
    Not Helpful

Julian
    Keymaster

I get what you are saying.

For me personally, I struggle to find the time to make a good game…Also, I struggle with human resource and capital….

I have never finished a game but the process is fun while it lasts

Helpful
    Up
    Down
    Not Helpful

creaturefreak
    Participant

Hi There Julian and William. I’m new to the site but not new to the coppercube forums. I’m known as “creaturefreak” as well, you can call me CF will be fine.

On the subject of canceling the Mech game. Julian I enjoyed the videos and all the hard work you put into this. I wish you would continue developing it. I understand it’s difficult and time consuming. The “fun” aspect comes with your own expectations and those of your audience. Getting feedback is crucial. If it’s constructive and can be implemented without sacrificing your vision of the game then it might be worth exploring.
    Don’t give up keep pushing.

Thank you for making this forum and I’ll be one of those members that will always chip in when I can and give my honest take on things. I’ve worked in the game industry and film industry and I’ve been an art director as well as a concept artist/illustrator.

best,
    CF

Helpful
    Up
    Down
    Not Helpful

Julian
    Keymaster

Hi there.

This will not be my last attempt at creating a game, just my last attempt at this one

Thanks for signing up!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

There are no users currently online
Skip to toolbar