Multiplayer Template Alpha Version

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Julian 7 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Julian
    Keymaster

Hey folks, you can download the alpha version of the multiplayer template from here

You will need a PHP to Exe compiler like this one

Installation:

1. Create mysql database and upload the SQL dump file found in SQL
    2. Install wordpress and upload all the files in the folder MultiplayerPremiumTemplate\NeedToBeCompiled\WordpressRootInstallation to the wordpress root installation.
    3. Compile the remaining PHP files to exe and place them in the Mech folder. (Don’t forget to enter your database details into each PHP file etc..)
    4.  Make a copy of the Mech folder and name it whatever you want.
    5. Open both Mech folders for testing and run login.exe …

Just a note, when the game runs on the same machine there is a strange bug when the mech moves… However, when running on different machines this bug dissapears.

Folks, if anybody wants to make a repository of this, they are welcome to.

But please always reference this forum post. I want everyone to post their questions and topics here

If you can’t get it working please message me on this forum post and I will answer your questions

• This topic was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by  Julian.
    • This topic was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by  Julian.
  • Author
    Replies
    Helpful
    Up
    Down
    Not Helpful

Julian
    Keymaster

Hey folks. I really do not think that coppercube in it’s current state is worth making multiplayer games. However, I have always wanted to build an mmorpg. So, I found this beta engine called orion+2, which is opensource. It is a very powerful 2D retro mmorpg engine that is easily extendible. This is the first screenshot from my new game.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Helpful
    Up
    Down
    Not Helpful

William
    Participant

well, that looks really good… getting the ole’ game building excitement going again. And I agree, CopperCube just isn’t a good engine for multiplayer games… actually, if there isn’t some really good features in the next update (???) I don’t think I will put anymore money into it. But who knows? Niko might do a Coppercube7 and make it what everyone is waiting for… only Niko knows for sure…. but you know, you were able to put together a multiplayer template for CC and that’s pretty impressive.

Helpful
    Up
    Down
    Not Helpful

Julian
    Keymaster

Thanks very much William…I will keep posting as I make progress…BTW this engine is a no coding required engine. You can optionally write code using their RESTFUL WEB SERVICE

But it is not necessary.

The engine is quite easy to use and you can do some really advanced things in it if you learn the engine intimately.

I have been studying the engine for about 10 days and it is very flexible. You can do visual coding using the command system mixed with the variables and events.

I think that there is a bit of a learning curve but it is not a difficult learning curve and the forums are very active.

The engine has a 4.5 Star rating from hundreds of reviews.

I am planning on integrating wordpress & coppercube into this mmorpg using c++.

ie 2 game engines 1 game.

THE FUCKING COOL THING ABOUT THIS ENGINE IS THAT THE WHOLE GAMES LIVES INSIDE MYSQL SQLITE which means that you can use programming to pass variables to the database that can then be passed to coppercube or other platforms…

Fascinating stuff

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  Julian.
    Helpful
    Up
    Down
    Not Helpful

Julian
    Keymaster

Hey folks… So here is my new screen! I decided to go with more retro style artwork inspired by diablo 1 instead of the more realistic looking environments in the previous screenshot…

There will be pvp in this mmorpg and I will be using the coppercube game engine in certain ways with the intersect engine.

I decided to make the mmorpg a tribute to my wife and daughter. ie , they will be appearing in the game with interesting stories as Stacey the battle baby and Sheila, the Destroyer of worlds.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Profile picture of Loren Tisdale
Profile picture of Katja Bello
Profile picture of Heather Niven
Profile picture of Jacqueline Holifield
Profile picture of Belen Fosbery
Profile picture of Alyssa Weekes
Profile picture of Valeria Loane
Profile picture of Kristy Canfield
Profile picture of Henrietta Herzog
Profile picture of Prince Grace
Profile picture of Pasquale Munn
Profile picture of Brianna Puckett